- A popular version of fish curry in Goa is the Ambot-Tik which is a sour curry item made with either meat, fish or other seafood.
- Is one of the most spicy Goan delicacy, it is a method of cooking either fish or prawns in a dark red tangy sauce and includes ingredients like aguardiente, shrimp, lemon, laurel, and chili.
- Vindaloo is a spicy and tangy dish which will leave your taste buds tingling for more. It is a dish prepared using lots of red chillies, garlic cooked with chunks of pork, vinegar, and jaggery.
- Sorpotel, is a dish of Portuguese origin it is a Goan pork liver and meat curry which is quite peppery. This dish is typically served during special occasions such as Christmas and weddings.
- Recheado means “stuffed” in Portuguese.This Goan dish is a whole fish that was cut lengthwise, stuffed with plenty of masala and fried. Every Goan family have their own recipe for the masala that is used for marinating, stuffing and frying any type of fish.
- It is one of the favourite chicken dish of Goa.
This is the equivalent of Portuguese-style grilled chicken and the sauce it is marinated in tastes a lot like the famous Portuguese Peri-peri sauce.
- This has to be one of the most wonderful Goan preparations of Chicken.
It is Spicy, tangy and full of flavours.
8)SOLACHI KADHI(TIWAL, SOL KADI)
- Sol Kadhi is a popular traditional Indian beverage made with kokam in coconut milk(addition).
It is also made with coconut milk, spiced with some green chillies.
- Is a pudding, which is customarily consumed during Christmas.Traditional Bebinca has 16 layers.
This pudding is prepared from the mixture of a layer upon layer made of plain flour, clarified butter, sugar, coconut milk, egg yolk, and almond to garnish.
- It is a traditional goan sweet made from coconut milk and coconut jaggery.
It is usually cooled in a flat pan and served in slices, and is very sweet.
video courtsey @ FUN/TRAVEL/FOOD